University of Galway – Elite Women’s Soccer Programme
CAO Performance Points Scholarship Details
The following criteria applies:
- Applicants must be new entrants to the University of Galway.
- Applicants must achieve a minimum of 350 CAO points from a single sitting of the Leaving Certificate in 6 subjects.
- All Leaving Certificate entry course requirements must be met.
- Scholarship applies to full-time undergraduate courses only.
- Offers may not be deferred.
- The Scholarship currently does not apply to GY501 Medicine.
- If you apply for the Performance Points Scholarship you will be automatically entered for consideration for the Elite Scholarship.
Please note the following:
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- If you successfully submit an application you will receive an automatic reply.
- Under NO circumstances will late applications be accepted.
- Closing date: 7th April, 2022
- Interview dates TBC
The scheme applies only to new entrants seeking full time undergraduate courses at the University of Galway. Applicants must be under 21 years of age on 1st April in the year of application. And only those sports whose National Governing body is recognised by the Irish sports Council can be considered.
- The only difference between the elite sports scholarship and the performance points scholarship is that students awarded the performance points scholarship will be awarded 40 bonus points to their CAO total. Other than that both scholarships are the very same.
- If you apply for the performance points scholarship you do not need to apply for the elite scholarship as you will automatically be entered into both
- There is only one application form so make sure you tick the correct box if you may need the performance points
- When filling in your sporting achievements please start with the latest and work your way back. (we only need the information for the last 2/3 years at mos