Across Europe, clubs are turning to collective, membership-based bodies in order to enshrine the security and future prosperity of their club into the hands of those who care most – the fans.
The Galway United Friends Co-operative bring together like-minded supporters and stake-holders with the aim of fulfilling the needs and aspirations of our club.
Galway Soccer Co-Operative Society Ltd. (Comharchumann Cairde Ghaillimh Aontaite Teo) – One Team – on and off the pitch looking to the future success of football in Galway. Central to our purpose is our commitment to campaigning for support for our local team.
Joining the Galway United Friend Co-operative Society Ltd (GUFC) is open to people with an interest in the continuing community ownership and future development of Galway United FC.
The Galway United Friends Co-operative Membership fees are:
Adult: €15 per month
Concession: €7.50 per month
You may also top-up your membership if you so wish.
Some aims of the Co-Op include:
- Promoting Galway United FC positively amongst business and civic communities
- Undertaking fund-raising activities to further the development of Galway United FC
- Encouraging the ethos of volunteerism at Galway United FC
- Promoting football in the community
Some of the benefits available to members of Galway United Friends Co-operative include:
- Being part of the ownership model of Galway United FC
- Have the power to be able to elect a number of Directors(currently two) to the Board of Galway United FC
- The opportunity to serve on the management committee of your co-operative
- As a paid up member, the right to attend and vote, under the principle of one person-one vote, at the co-operatives Annual General Meeting
- Receive a co-op membership card and share certificate