The Galway United FC academy have four teams which compete in the SSE Airtricity National League.
We are currently inviting applications for the position of ‘Academy Physiotherapist’ based in Galway.
The primary responsibilities for the role will be:
- To provide and organise matchday cover for home matches for all four underage teams (all matches in Galway City or hinterland).
- To provide treatment as required for any underage players outside of matchday cover at a pre-agreed time/venue.
- To communicate with the club doctor, strength and conditioning and football management staff in the treatment and monitoring of injuries and optimise return to play process.
- To help co-ordinate injury pre-habilitation and rehabilitation programmes of the underage squads.
- Assume responsibility for rehabilitation of long-term injured players.
- Take part in player education in consultation with strength and conditioning and football coaches on injury prevention, treatment and management.
- Order supplies and equipment. Keep accurate information on associated costs and forward details of costs on a regular basis to the club secretary.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of growth related injuries as well as the treatment and management of such conditions.
- Be trained and updated in acute pitch side care, including spinal injury and cardiopulmonary resuscitation, in your capacity as a physiotherapist.
- Keep up to date on recent research in sports physiotherapy and football related physiotherapy issues.
- Be available and flexible to vary your working hours to give treatment at times outside of standard business hours as and when required.
Key qualities of the Candidate:
- Chartered Physiotherapist degree.
- A proven level of post qualification experience as team physiotherapist.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to work well within a team environment.
- A post-graduate qualification in sports and/or musculoskeletal physiotherapy or sports science.
- Training in dry needling and pilates.
- Experience in elite sporting rehabilitation.
- Strength and conditioning qualification.
This position is being offered on a one year part-time basis. Please send your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter (no more than one page) supporting your application to email@example.com or post to:
Galway United FC, C/O
Eamonn Deacy Park, Dyke Road, Galway.
Closing date for applications is 20th January 2020.