Galway United Football Club is 100% supporter-owned, representing Galway City and County and its environs in the League of Ireland from under-13 to senior level.
Due to ongoing expansion of the club, we are now looking to recruit a General Manager.
Main purpose of role:
The General Manager will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing development and implementation of commercial, operational and financial management of the club. This position will report to the Board of Directors.
Reporting: Develop and report weekly/monthly financial and operational KPI’s to the board.
Commercial: Develop and implement a strategy to identify and maximise potential sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
Supporters: Develop a strategy to increase our supporter base by increasing fan involvement, and identifying ways to improve the match day experience for all stakeholders.
Volunteers: Assist in the identification, recruitment, retention and recognition of volunteers who play a key role in helping the club achieve its objectives.
Marketing: Develop and implement a strategy to successfully market the club and develop its brand and social media strategy.
Player Support: Assist in identifying and recruiting employers who may be willing to work with the club to offer players internships and employment.
Community: In conjunction with the GUFC co-operative committee, devise and implement community support initiatives to make GUFC’s position and presence an integral part of the community.
Candidate profile requirements:
- Five years’ experience in a general business/management role, ideally within a sports club, voluntary or SME environment and an understanding of the challenges faced.
- Track record in growing revenue streams, fundraising, commercial negotiations and managing and developing business relationships to achieve KPI’s.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with an ability to manage a wide variety of relationships and stakeholders.
- I.T. Literate across MS Office suite of packages.
- Flexibility to work a varied work pattern taking into consideration the unique working requirements of a football season, with games played at evenings and weekends. Meetings with a large stakeholder and volunteer base will also form part of the average working week.
- Good time management, organisational skills and ability to work to strict deadlines coupled with a high degree of energy and motivation to get the job done whilst leading others.
- Degree in Business or related qualification but candidates with significant related work experience may be considered.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply for the role HERE.