Galway United FC are a professional football team competing in the League of Ireland Premier Division. We are currently inviting applications for the position of ‘Team Physiotherapist’ based in Galway.
The primary responsibilities for the role will be:
- To provide all aspects of physiotherapy care to the Galway United squad.
- To work with the team doctor and consultant physiotherapist in the treatment and monitoring of injuries.
- Co-ordinate injury pre-habilitation and rehabilitation programmes of the Galway United squad.
- Assume responsibility for rehabilitation of long term injured players.
- Work in consultation with strength and conditioning and football coaches to optimise return to play process.
- Take part in player education in consultation with strength and conditioning and football coaches on injury prevention, treatment and management.
- Order supplies and equipment. Keep accurate information on associated costs and forward details of costs on a regular basis to the club secretary.
- Attend Galway United training as directed. Ensure that there is a cover arrangement in place for all absences.
- Be trained and updated in acute pitch side care, including spinal injury and cardiopulmonary resuscitation, in your capacity as a physiotherapist.
- Keep up to date on recent research in sports physiotherapy and football related physiotherapy issues.
- Be available and flexible to vary your working hours to give treatment at times outside of standard business hours as and when required.
Key qualities of the Candidate:
- Chartered physiotherapist degree or equivalent.
- A proven level of post qualification experience as team physiotherapist to a professional sports team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work well within a team environment.
- A post-graduate qualification in sports and/or musculoskeletal physiotherapy or sports science.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Training in functional pilates or similar.
- Experience in elite sporting rehabilitation.
This position is being offered on a one year part-time basis.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter (no more than one page) supporting your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Galway United FC, C/O Eamonn Deacy Park, Dyke Road, Galway.
Closing date for applications is 14th December 2016.